Sunday, December 8, 2013

Rosina Ferragamo Schiavone

Starting something new here on the blog today. As I'm out hunting for new treasures, I often come across interesting labels with even more interesting stories! I wanted to start a new section-Know Your Vintage-where I give a little bit of history behind certain pieces in my shop to help you know and love them even more! Up first-Rosina Ferragamo Schiavone.

Finding information on her wasn't easy but there seems to be a consensus that where her brother was more conservative, Rosina designed edgy and avant-garde footwear and purses. 
From Purse Blog
"Rosina Ferragamo Schiavone was Salvatore Ferragamo’s sister. She designed shoes between 1960 and 1975. Her designs tended toward animal skins and prints, cutouts and shoes with a dash of flash. She’s sought out among vintage collectors in the know."

Even without all of the knowledge on who she was, there is an obvious attention to detail and love of the out-of-the-ordinary that's present in her pieces. I recently found a pair of her heels while I was out and was immediately drawn to them. What first sparked my interest was the cut-out detail around the peep-toe. 
 
I can just imagine some mid-century fashionista wearing these out on the town or a modern-day sartorial enthusiast rocking them at an upcoming holiday soiree!
Hopefully I'll find more of her unique, avant-garde designs during my hunt!

Check out these shoes as well as other goodies on my Etsy site www.etsy.com/shop/odevintageshop!




No comments:

Post a Comment